- Master Soft-Skills Training and Business Consultant
- PhD Candidate in Business Leadership – Capella University – Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) – Wayne State University-Detroit, Michigan USA
- Bachelor of Arts in Clinical Psychology – The Lebanese University – Beirut, Lebanon
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Lebanese American University – Beirut, Lebanon
- 13 years of experience in higher education teaching
- 8 years of experience and consultancy and training
- Fluent in both English and Arabic
In 2008, Lama and her husband, Samir Makarem, have founded J&R Business Consultancy in the UAE. J&R is a consultancy and training company offering exclusive business consultancy services along with developing and delivering training programs to various industries including the automotive, telecommunication, media, retail, education, legal, banking, and government sectors.
Lama has an intensive and extensive background. Her eighteen years of consultancy, teaching, and training experience are evident in the various contemporary and advanced business topics that she has taught, consulted, and trained on in the USA and the MENA region. Topics covered have ranged from HR, Retail Processes and Standards, Customer Service, Total Quality Management (TQM), to Marketing Mastery, Strategic Leadership, Organizational Structures and Behaviors (OSB), and Business Ethics among many others.
Currently, Lama’s expertise is being dedicated mostly into management and consultancy in various industries, and specifically in the automotive industry, offering a series of auditing services, coaching and training programs throughout North America, the GCC, and MENA Regions.
Lama has completed her Ph.D. coursework in Business Leadership with Capella University in the US. With distinction, Lama has graduated with an MBA in Management and Finance from Wayne State University, one of the leading universities in the state of Michigan, USA. She had completed her undergraduate studies in Business Administration at the Lebanese American University in Beirut.
Lama has a dual citizenship; American as well as Lebanese, thus giving her the privilege of being exposed to both western and Middle-Eastern cultures and consequently being fluent in both languages; English and Arabic.
+1 248 571 6151 Cell